Monday, May 9, 2011

Shoot


220px-Canon_EOS_50DClick. Click. Click. I like - no, I love the sound of my new SLR camera. After months of saving part of my monthly salary, I finally managed to buy a decent, out-of-the-shelf model. Today would be the first time I’ll be using it in a trip. I’m not a professional but my friends love my pictures, even then, when I was using my old point-and-shoot camera. They say I have an eye for beauty even when my subject has anything but.

I’ve just arrived in Hong Kong for a 3-day business trip, and I’m looking forward for the ‘business’ to end and for the ‘leisure’ to start. I long for the clicks – the sound just keeps resonating in my head.

I gently tapped my SLR bag, “Soon, my baby, soon”.

It was raining when I stepped out of the airport and people were frantically hailing cabs to get to their destinations. It was already 8 in the evening but I chose to wait it out. I sat at one of the available sits, my bags at my feet and my precious camera carefully cradled on my lap. No need to rush, I have the rest of the night to myself before work officially starts tomorrow.

I planned my destinations in my head, picturesque cityscapes, Disneyland, cultural sites, the contrast of the old and new – great subjects for my pictures. The images were passing in front of me like I was dreaming… Wait… I am dreaming. I must have dozed off while waiting.

I opened my eyes, looked outside, "Great!" no more rain… I looked at my lap, "F&@%!" no more camera. 


3 comments:

krn said...

fiction, yes, but in touch with your own personality. cute

wil said...

pambihira! nakakaasar naman yan! bad trip..

Anonymous said...

shet! sayang!

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Checker